- Here are three questions:
- Do you know how much water it takes to put a pound of beef on the table?
- Is there much difference in the water content between a cup of coffee and/or a cup of tea?
- How many people don't have access to clean drinking water?
Water "Remunicipalization"Nonetheless, some communities have insisted on returning water and sewage treatment services to public management -- "remunicipalization" -- forcing water multinationals to pull services out of communities world-wide. Do you know how many communities in your state are buying their water from for-profit multi-national corporations? Is it the end of water as we know it? I know this: it's enough to make Lewis Black curse. (The following clip contains strong language that may not be appropriate for some readers.)
- It requires 1500 gallons to raise and deliver a pound of beef to your kitchen (over six times more than a pound of chicken!)
- It takes roughly 4 times as much water to make a cup of coffee compared to a cup of tea.
- Over 1 billion people do NOT have access to clean drinking water.